Refunds & Returns
We hope you are delighted with everything your purchase from us!
However, in the event you are not satisfied with your online purchase you can return it to us for a refund or exchange, subject to the below terms and conditions*. We always aim to work as hard as possible with all customers to reach the best possible outcome on refunds and returns.
Please note: Our Christmas Returns policy increases the amount of time you have to return or exchange purchases. All products purchased from 1st November 2022 until 31st December 2022 can be returned up to and including 31st January 2023. This includes purchases made in store or online.
Returns/Exchange process (updated January 2023)
Returning or exchanging items is simpler than ever with our super straight forward, hassle-free returns process.
1. Complete our returns form to request a return/exchange by clicking here
2. We will contact you to arrange the collection or deposit of your items, as convenient to you.
3. We supply you with a returns label to affix to the package you send back, and a returns form to put in the parcel to identify your goods when they come back to us. If you do not have access to a printer- don't worry! We can discuss some alternative options for you.
4. Once collected or deposited, your returns will come back to us within 3-5 working days. We will then examine the goods returned and assess the suitability for refund or exchange. We will then advise you of the outcome of your refund/exchange. Refund payments where issued can take up to 7 working days to be processed back into your account.
Please note: If goods are being returned faulty, (i.e due to a manufacturing fault, defect or because of damage, or as a result of an incorrect/inaccurate listing of information on our website), Stationery House will cover the cost of returns postage to us. There will be nothing for you to pay upfront to return the items to us.
If goods are being returned due to a change or mind, accidental order or not being suitable (where no product fault exists), a returns charge of £2.99 will be deducted from the refund issued to you. This applies to UK orders only (including NI, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands). The cost of returning items to us from all other locations may vary and this will be communicated and agreed before the returns process is commenced.
If items are being returned to be exchanged for other goods instead, then a returns fee of £2.99 will be applied to the exchange, to offset against the re-postage of exchange items. This applies to UK orders only (including NI, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands). The cost of exchanging items from all other locations may vary and this will be communicated and agreed before the exchange process is commenced.
The exchange fee could potentially result in a balance to be paid before the exchange can be completed. No additional postage fees are collected on the exchanged goods sent to you.
Return in store available: You can return or exchange your purchase at any branch of Stationery House. Please bring with you a copy of your receipt, invoice or bank statement as proof of purchase.
Terms & Conditions for Refunds & Exchanges
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through Stationery House Online, operated by Stationery House SW Limited.
2. To be eligible for a return (where the product is not faulty/defective), your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. You must ensure goods you return are adequately protected to prevent damage in transit (including goods where a product fault is indicated). Stationery House does not accept liability for transit damage caused to returned goods, where in our opinion adequate provisions have not been made to ensure safe carriage back to us. Failure to ensure adequate protection on goods being returned could affect the refund amount issued if the goods arrive back damaged. Any deduction amount is made at the discretion of Stationery House.
4. Returns can only be organised and arranged by Stationery House, using logistics services at our discretion. We will agree all details of returns collections/deposits before commencing. Once commenced, you will have until the date provided by us to ensure your returns are collected or deposited. Failure to ensure collection/deposit by the date as advised by us could result in an additional returns fee being deducted from your refund to cover the cost of non-collection/deposit and the re-arrangement of such. Due to returns being organised directly by us, we accept full responsibility for goods that may be lost in transit coming back to us, and should this happen it will not affect your eligibility for a refund. However we must have confirmation that a successful collection or deposit was made, and that your returns entered the logistics network before accepting liability for lost returned items.
5. All returns made as a result of a reported fault or defect are carefully examined when received back. If we do not believe the reported fault or defect to be genuine, in an attempt to claim a free postage return, we will deduct the cost of the returns postage from the total amount refunded to you.
6. Gift Vouchers are excluded for return and cannot be exchanged for cash, as part of the Gift Voucher terms and conditions of sale. Gift Vouchers may be redeemed in all stores, but they cannot be redeemed online at present. Please see our Terms & Conditions policy for more information relating to Gift Vouchers.
7. Photographic & printing products are excluded for return on the basis that these are bespokely made items which cannot be re-sold or re-used. Stationery House accepts no liability for mistakes made on printed orders. In the event there is a print quality concern with the finished product we will assess this and offer a refund if we believe there has been a problem with the way the item has been printed. Please note we will not offer a refund on the basis of image/text quality or size, including pixelation as it is your responsibility to ensure that images/artwork and or documents supplied are of a high enough resolution, and correct size, to produce a good quality print. We will endeavour to check the quality/sizing of articles provided to us to print and contact you if we feel there is an issue before we go ahead. This may not be possible during busy periods so please bear in mind that responsibility lies with the customer to ensure the images supplied are of a sufficient quality to print before they are submitted to us.
8. Our standard returns policy for non faulty/defective items entitles you to a full refund of the product purchase price if you change your mind within 30 working days from the date of delivery. For non-faulty refunds a £2.99 returns charge is deducted from your refund total. For non-faulty exchanges a £2.99 returns charge is applied to the exchange, which may lead to a balance needing to be paid before the exchange can be completed. However no additional postage charges are applied to exchange products posted out to you.
6. Refunds take approximately 7 working days to be returned via your original payment method. If you have not received your refund within 10 working days, please contact us and we can look into this for you.
*The Stationery House Returns policy is in addition to your statutory rights.
For all questions or queries relating to returns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (01275 875002) or use our live chat function.